It’s been a while since we posted any kind of update, but update 3 (formerly 2.5) for Dirt Inc is pretty close now (we really mean it this time), so here are the final patch notes for what to expect in the coming update.
- You’ll be able to equip your worker with 5 items. Shovel, gloves, boots, jacket and helmet. Each item will provide a benefit to an aspect of the game.
- Boots; speed up the auto-digger by a %.
- Shovel; increases tapped dirt by a %.
- Hat; increases the chance that a special block will be diamond or gnome by a %.
- Gloves; reduce the time the generator takes to charge up by a %.
- Jacket; reduces the quarry mining times by a %.
- Items will come in 6 different colours/rarity’s, white, green, blue, purple, yellow and red.
- The higher the rarity the lower the chance to drop will be from chests, but they will be more powerful e.g. White boots may speed up the digger by 4% whereas purple boots may speed up the digger by 30%.
- Items crates are dropped in the game via tapping for dirt, completing achievements and completing contracts. (We have no plans to add these as an in-app purchase).
- Opening a crate gives you a chance of getting an item, another crate, a cache of dirt or a stash of dirt worth from 100 blocks to 1,000,000 blocks.
- As you play the game you will be rewarded with achievements for reaching certain milestones e.g. Dig X amount of total dirt.
- Completing achievements will reward item crates.
- Contracts are smaller versions of achievements that you can complete on a daily basis.
- Completing a contract will reward an Item crate and potentially some dirt.
Contracts can be re-rolled up to 3 times in case you’re having trouble completing one. Re-rolls can be refreshed by completing contracts
Developer Note: We removed the ability to re-roll contracts to simplify the contracts mechanic. The re-rolling felt unnecessary for a mechanic which is just to reward the players for playing the game.
- The research lab will contain new upgrades allowing you to purchase abilities.
- These abilities can be activated to give a short but powerful boost to specific aspects of the game.
Events (all numbers shown are subject to change):
- You will be able to purchase an energy tap; this upgrade will slowly generate energy, which you can spend, to activate events giving you a huge boost to your income for a short time.
- Event 1; all blocks become ‘super blocks’ for a period of time, worth 500x dirt.
- Event 2; at the end of a period of time all tapped dirt collected will be multiplied by 100x.
- Event 3; activate a giant laser drill, instantly mining 10,000 blocks.
- Event 4; hire a mega gnome worth the value of 1,000 gnomes for a period of time.
- Event 5; all quarry times are reduced to 1 second for a period of time.
- We have new skins and new UI across many parts of the game.
- Choose to play as either a male or female miner.